A local register notes the existence of two brothers, Dominique et Guilhem Armailhacq, who own parcels of land in Pauillac.
Another register mentions in 1750 a certain Dominique Armailhac, who has “planted with vines” the family estate, taking advantage of the “planting frenzy” then sweeping through the Médoc. The vines covered 15 to 16 hectares (37-39 acres).
In the late 18th century, the vineyard, generally called Mouton d’Armailhacq, spans some 52 hectares (128 acres) between Brane-Mouton in the north and Pibran in the south.
>>> more information